37 year old suspected rapist on the run after raping a ten-year-old in Delta Community - NEWS FRONTIER DAILY


Wednesday, May 31, 2023

37 year old suspected rapist on the run after raping a ten-year-old in Delta Community

A 37 year old man popularly known as "2 minutes"  is on the run after allegedly raping a 10 year old girl (name withheld) in one of the apartments in her grandfather's Compound, at Ovwor-Olomu Community in Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta State. 

The suspect, an indigene of Oteri Community in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State who hibernates in Ovwor has fled the town after been apprehended by local Vigilantees.

According to victim's father, the ugly incident occured on Sunday.

It was learnt that the suspect who is now at large escaped from the Community's town hall were he was taken in on Sunday night of May 28.

In a telephone chat with Our Correspondent, the father of victim, Chief Joseph Aphia, President General of Urhobo Orators confirmed the report.

Aphia said, his wife noticed that the girl was having difficulty walking and asked what the problem was.

That there were sperm stains on the daughter's pant when she went to the bathroom.

According to him, by the time his wife demanded to know why sperm stained her pant, his daughter opened up and claimed that the suspect, '2 Minutes' allegedly raped her in one of the rooms in his own father's compound. 

"By this time, I wasn't around. My wife called me on phone and informed me of the incident but I asked them to keep calm so that the victim does not run away.

"By the time I returned, I called the vigilante and arrested him (suspect) to the residence of the Spokesman (Otota) of the Community that Sunday evening.

"The Otota interrogated my daughter and the suspect who confessed that he committed the offence. He said it's the handwork of the devil and that he doesn't know what came over him.

"The Otota ordered that he be flogged and taken to the town hall until his people come to take him but if they don't come, he should be handed over to the police.

"At the break of day which is Monday May 29, the suspect had broken the burglary proof in the Community's town hall and had escaped. So, I quickly reported the matter at the Police Station in Otu-Jeremi Division."

Aphia narrated that the incident has brought so much pains to his family as the daughter has been admitted and several tests conducted on the daughter.

In an emotion laddened voice, the victim's father said, "I will fight this case to any length because this man has come to destroy my daughter."

The victim was said to be in a stable condition as at press time.

No comments:

Post a Comment