Gas explosion kills housewife in Kwara - NEWS FRONTIER DAILY


Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Gas explosion kills housewife in Kwara


Cooking gas explosion has  killed one Mrs. Adeola Adewale while she was preparing lunch for her family. 

It was reliably gathered that the incident occurred on Monday at Tabernacle Area, around Egbe garage ,Omuaran in Irepodun local government area of Kwara state. 

The husband who was also trapped inside the building during the explosion was lucky to be rescued alive.

"The gas explosion killed the woman while she was trying to prepare her family food. We just heard a loud noise, and we all rushed to the house after we initially ran away, "said one of the neighbours who craved anonymity. 

The transporter said that the firemen were able to put the situation under control on time and saved the victim's husband who had also been trapped inside the fire explosion. 

He added that the fire officers who came to put out the raging fire promptly took the husband to a nearby hospital where he was immediately given medical attention. 

Contacted, Kwara State Director of Fire Service, Prince Falade Olumuyiwa who confirmed the incident, said the explosion was caused by wrong usage of gas cylinder. 

Falade said the explosion affected sitting room, kitchen and dining.

No comments:

Post a Comment